Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Swan Club: Mindy + Nate

When I found out Mindy and Nate were getting married at the Swan Club I was elated because it reminded me of two great days in my life: My high school prom and my own friend’s wedding (which I photographed). I hoped this day would be just as enjoyable as all the others. Mindy and her bridesmaids got ready at a hotel in Long Island City.
 As soon as I got there Mindy wanted to revel to her bridesmaids the dress she had selected. Over the phone she told me three things about the dress. 1. It’s Lazaro 2. It’s PINK and 3. It’s Big!
You can tell by the reaction how surprised they were. After they got over the initial shock they all agreed and said” That dress is so Mindy!”
Her shoes were a beautiful floral pattern that matched her garden wedding
I absolutely loved seeing Mindy and her mother interact. It was nice to see how close they were. I cherish these moments because not ever Bride gets to have them.
Instead of a veil Mindy wore a lace headpiece that complimented her full ball gown very well. The headpiece was made with lace from her mother's wedding dress. She combined her Something Old with her Something New.  Love It!!!!
Its refreshing to see a different style of bridesmaid dresses. Don't be afraid to do a pattern ladies! 
Mindy specifically requested this shot so she can see her family and friends in the background of this pivotal moment in her and Nate's new life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment