Saturday, June 3, 2017

Maritime Parc: Tatiana + Stanley

I was thrilled when I was approached by Tatiana and Stanley to photograph their wedding at Maritime Parc. I was already excited by shooting at one of my favorite wedding venues, not knowing that the theme was going to blow me away!


We started our day at the Westin Hotel in Jersey City. 





This was the calmest I have ever seen a Bride with her bridesmaids right before a wedding ceremony. 







We ventured out to City Hall Park for their first look and family portraits. 










This Park reminds me of one the famous gardens in Paris.




We ventured out to Liberty State Park before the ceremony.







Tatiana and Stanley met in Boston and got engaged in one of the most romantic places on earth, Paris! It is most commonly known as  “La Ville Lumière," the city of lights. Paris was the backdrop to their engagement and now served as the influence behind the design and theme of their wedding. Their venue, Maritime Parc, features large windows that display a beautiful view of the New York City skyline.


 They stayed true to their theme with their musical selections. As Tatiana approached the head of the aisle the violin struck up and you heard a soft melody trailing through the room.  As it entered into the chorus the song was recognizable as an instrumental version of "All of the Lights" by Kanye West. (Very tear jerking!)  





The sun began to set as they exchanged vows. The sunset produced a glowing orange hue that glistened across the buildings and the skyline. 




During the reception the skyline dropped into darkness and all that was left were the lights glimmering from the buildings. The combination of the illuminated city skyline plus the tea lit room gave off a glow like street lights dancing off of the glass facades. In my opinion the lighting was essential to tying everything together. 


 



The couple displayed city maps of all of the key cities that played an intricate role in their love story: Boston, New York City, and Paris. Guests were asked to sign these maps with their well wishes for the Bride and Groom. 



If you know me then you know how much I love a good wedding hashtag, especially when they are creative. Not only that, I think that there are many benefits to creating a hashtag as well (i.e. 1. You can find everyone's pictures from the wedding in one place, 2. Photos are not lost and 3. You do not have to ask people for photos...consider using one!). #smithlovesthekidd showed a unique and witty play on their last names. The juxtaposition is cute and most importantly it was memorable. 




The night ended with dancing underneath the stars and selfies on Maritime Parc's incredible wrap around balcony. 





As they begin their marriage together I wish them nothing but the best. Congrats Tatiana and Stanley!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these wedding photos took my heart away. It was so emotional post for me. I also have been looking for the best NYC wedding venues for our small family wedding. It will be a night ceremony and I am super excited for our special day!

    ReplyDelete