Monday, June 22, 2015

Washington Square Park: Victoria + James:

When I was contacted by Victoria and James about an engagement session in Washington Square Park I was honestly excited and honored. Whenever a couple ask me to photograph their wedding I am always honored to be selected amongst all the great photographers that are out there. However this was a bit different. They initially met in Canada but had their first date in New York City. It was only fitting that they would come back to NYC for their engagement shoot! Now can you see why I was so excited? Them making this trip to New York showed me how important New York City is to them and how it played into their love story.

 I arrived early to the shoot to scope out locations and saw this courtyard that belongs to NYU it was just across the street from the park. The students didn't mind us taking over. 

     As we walked a bit further we enter into their old stomping grounds where they would hang out in the city. Like this comedy club; The Comedy Cellar.
We took an Uber cab and headed over to Central Park where we continued our session.
 I had to add a little New York element to this photo! Do you see it?
Victoria and James flew from Canada to New York for their love story to come full Circle. Thank you for letting me tell another chapter in your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment