Friday, October 9, 2015

Westbury Manor: Sheretta + Brandon

They met at Cornell University during undergrad. Sheretta is from New York and Brandon is from Indiana; literally a match made in heaven! They crossed paths a few times because of their similar circles. They did not become friends until they took a class together, which they both ended up dropping! This lead to many conversations which made them realize their shared love of their faith. Over time their friendship blossomed into a beautiful relationship with God as its foundation. 

We set up a Skype chat to discuss the details and flow of the day but I was more intrigued by them. A short conversation is all it took for me to realize how much they were in love, not only with each other but also with the Lord. I was over the moon to photograph their special day because I knew the love that I had seen on that during that Skype chat would be felt by anyone who viewed their pictures after the wedding.

The wedding day began at the Hilton Garden Inn in Westbury, NY. 
Sheretta had her bouquet handmade. It was comprised of brooches that matched the color scheme of the wedding. So glitzy I loved it! She also had her shoes customized with her new last name on the bottom. Brandon got ready in a suite with his groomsmen.  Before Sheretta and Brandon had their "first look" the guys took time to say a quick pray. Sheretta and Brandon opted not to see each other before the wedding. They decided to share in a quiet moment where they prayed together. That moment was so sweet and all their own.

At the church I thought I was prepared for their ceremony. However, Sheretta blew me away and even brought me to tears when she sung her vows to Brandon! Talk about a lovely voice; I had chills after hearing her touching vows. Everyone was waiting for the big moment; their first kiss as husband and wife. Sheretta and Brandon made a commitment once they got engaged to wait til the alter to have their first kiss. They waited over 600 days to share this moment. I am sure they will tell you that it was Worth the Wait. They have an entire YouTube channel explaining their christian life and journey as a couple. I suggest you check out Worth the Wait if you want to learn more about their story! Needless to say the crowd went wild and burst into cheers. Same thing happened as they entered the reception hall at The Westbury Manor. I have never seen a bridal party so excited to welcome a couple. It was magical to watch and I was thrilled to be apart of it. Brandon and Sheretta if you read this I just want you to know that you are a special couple to me and I will never forgot the love I felt from you two on your wedding day. Congratulations Mr & Mrs Taylor!













































No comments:

Post a Comment